ACM Archives

September 2005

ACM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Helmick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Association for Computing Machinery at Miami University <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 08:32:06 -0400
I've forwarded this message from one of our 2002 graduates.

----------------

Dear Members of ACM,

Hello!  My name is Disha Patel, and I am a 2002 graduate from Miami's
Computer Science and Systems Analysis department.  I cordially invite
you to attend an event hosted by Eli Lilly and Company, a well
respected, global pharmaceutical company headquartered in
Indianapolis, Indiana.  The event will occur on Wed. Sept 28th 5-6pm
in room 105 Kreger Hall.

This event will focus on the current state and future state of IT
careers, based on current factors within the IT industry, such as
outsourcing, end of dot com era, enrollment in university Computer
Science programs decreasing, what skills are needed to be competitive
in today's IT environment, and female enrollment in science,
management, and technology.  This will be a beneficial talk for all
those that attend and students will have the opportunity to meet some
of Lilly's IT leadership team and truly understand what it means to
be an IT professional in today's world.  Students will also have the
opportunity to send questions for discussion prior to the event at

Please also note that this event will include pizza.  Please make
every effort to attend!!!

I have also attached a power point slide of the event.

Have a wonderful day!

Best wishes,
Disha Patel