ATEG Archives

December 2001

From:
"Haussamen, Brock" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 11:15:05 -0500
     The next annual meeting of the National Council of Teachers of English
will take place in Atlanta on November 21-26.  The theme for the conference
will be "Celebrating the Languages and Literacies of Our Lives"--an approach
that might lend itself well to sessions about grammar in connection to
varieties of language and language skills.  I, Martha Kolln, and Rebecca
Wheeler presented two sessions at last month's conference in Baltimore, and
they were well attended.  There were a few other grammar-related titles on
the program as well, so grammar seems to be less of a taboo conference topic
than it has been. Proposals for the 2002 presentations are due by January 11
and they may be submitted electronically from ncte.org/convention.  If I can
be of assistance, feel free to contact me off the listserv at

Brock Haussamen
ATEG President
Raritan Valley Community College, New Jersey