ATEG Archives

April 1996

From:
Tony Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 1996 21:57:49 -0500
I have just joined the ATEG list.  Ed Vavra told me that you had sent out a requ
est for texts on grammar for teaching teachers.  I am author of such a book--at
least, it is being used for this purpose at Benedict College, Georgia Southern U
niversity, University of South Carolina at Beauford, and Indian a  University-So
utheast.  The text is entitled:  The Hunter Writing System: Sentence Sense; its
title needs updating because it now also includes paragraph and essay instructio
n and practice.  A teacher of English for 32 years at the hjunior high school an
d college levbels, I have combined some original discoveries of mine about how t
o find verbs and nouns accurately with Robert L. Allen's sector analysis at the
sentence level--the resultant text is loved by students and teachers alike at al
l levels, from 6th grade through high school seniors (even for AP) and developme
ntal courses for college students.