ATEG Archives

September 2006

From:
Craig Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:57:02 -0400
Herb,
   As I get older, I have more respect for the importance of groups in
doing the work of the world. We can't have a public grammar without the
public, and so we somehow need to appreciate the kinds of skills that
go into building a public consensus. I agree; they tend to be
undervalued and unappreciated.
   You argue less than anyone I know, though you don't hold back from
presenting a clear view of your own. It just doesn't seem like being
right is the primary goal, and I know I have been trying to learn that
slowly, to let go of the ego, I guess. It's not something we are
trained for.

Craig

 Craig,