ATEG Archives

August 2001

From:
Robert Einarsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:40:14 -0600
Marylou,

would you consider writing up about 1/2 a page on this and
submitting it to the ATEG web site under their "tips on grammar
teaching" link?  http://www.ateg.org/grammar/tips.htm

It would be nice to see the "Tips" page fill up!

Date sent:              Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:11:34 EDT
Send reply to:          Assembly for the Teaching of English Grammar              <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   Marylou Colucci <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: who or whom, incl. a trick for teaching it
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> I am an English teacher of 7th and 8th graders and I also teach who/whom
> substituting he/him.  Most kids catch on to that trick quickly.  They
> probably don't use it in their everyday speech, but at least they think
> about it in their writing.
>
> Who/whom will you take to the party?
> You will take him to the party. (Whom then would be correct)

Sincerely, Robert Einarsson
please visit me at
http://www.artsci.gmcc.ab.ca/people/einarssonb