ATEG Archives

October 2005

From:
Christine Reintjes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:53:33 +0000
Amanda,

How about a voluntary, after school program as an experiment? That way it's
not necessary to convince anyone. Let the results speak for themselves. If a
group like this could agree on course content, we could try it in our
various locations.

I know that's a tall order, agreeing on course content. Maybe measuring the
success would be difficult, but sometimes qualitative, subjective results
have more power than the quantitative results anyway. If students and
teachers report success in terms of confidence, interest in writing, native
dialect awareness and improved self esteem, it might be very powerful.

--

Christine Reintjes Martin