ATEG Archives

September 2007

From:
DD Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:00:50 -0500
At 05:18 PM 9/25/2007, Nancy Tuten wrote re DD's; The SAT is not an
arbiter of grammar. It is a test to predict how
the takers will do in college, I think;

Well, yes, but it would be helpful to see how that test regards certain
usages so that we can (1) prepare our students to do well.

DD: Teach to the test, not to find out or weed out those that have a
lesser chance of making it out of college? Why not just take the test
for them? Quicker and easier for all, except the student who flunks
out in college. But think of your report. "This teacher has had an
amazing average student high SAT score." SAT is not an arbiter, but a
predictive instrument. {But not as good as a Professionally given IQ test.}