ATEG Archives

August 1999

From:
Michael Kischner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 17:58:55 -0700
To reply to my own message -- does the fact that most of the "as" clauses
in the original example can be moved to a position before the main clause
signify that they are something other than relative clauses -- more
adverbial in nature?  Not that this would have any necessary effect on
whether they sound natural or unnatural with a "not."