ATEG Archives

January 2006

From:
"Myers, Marshall" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:13:04 -0500
Allison Rose wrote:

> I wanted to pose some questions to all of you because I'll be writing
> my college senior honors thesis soon and need a bit of help.
>
> I'm hoping I can write something involving my university's writing
> center, but I'm not sure where to focus. I thought about grammar in
> the writing center, but I couldn't really see where that would go. I
> thought about high school writing centers and found some information
> on that, but I'm not sure how much info is out there. I thought about
> online writing centers vs. in-person writing centers, and this one
> seems to interest me the most. However, my advisor has told me that
> it's better to just write it because you want to learn rather than
> write it to prove a point.
>
> Do any of you know of any resources that I could use for this? I've
> been searching through articles and some books, but haven't come
> across much that really grabs me. Have any of you written honor's
> theses before, and if so, what tips or advice do you have for a
> freaked out college senior? I'd greatly appreciate any help you can offer.
>
> - Allison
> interface at: http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/ateg.html and select

Allison,

Carrie Cook, a colleague of mine, just finished a dissertation dealing
with the writing center. She may be able to help you start a list of
sources that deal with the writing center.

Her address would be: [log in to unmask]  There is at least one journal
devoted to writing centers.

Best wishes,

Marshall Myers