ATEG Archives

April 1999

From:
"Paul G. Beidler" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 18:48:35 -0400
Hi everyone.  I'm an English lit. guy, and I have to teach Advanced
Expository Writing for the first time in the fall.  I've had little formal
training in linguistics, but I'm very interested in grammar, and I'd like
for the course to have a serious grammar component.  Can any of you
recommend a good text book?  I'd like to be able to discuss sentence and
paragraph structure in grammatical terms--but not with a dogmatic book like
what my friend calls _Strunken White_.  Any thoughts?

Paul Beidler
East Stroudsburg University