ATEG Archives

February 2006

From:
"Hadley, Tim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:11:30 -0600
ATEG Colleagues,

The latest ATEG JOURNAL has been sent to the Post Office and is on its way to you. Being sent as bulk mail, it may take as long as 3 weeks to reach some of you, so be patient. Bulk mail rates are about one-half the cost of first class rates, so we save a lot of $$$ sending them this way.

This issue is Volume 21, number 2--the Winter, 2006 issue. It features articles by Cynthia McCollie-Lewis, Joan Livingston-Webber, and Jeanna Poth, as well as book reviews by Kathleen Ward and Linda DiDesidero. It also contains the official announcement, by ATEG president Amy Benjamin, of our 2006 summer conference, to be held July 14-15 in Fairfield, CT.

I am still about a month behind my "desired schedule" behind in getting the journal out to you. I guess as long as we call them the Fall, Winter, and Spring issues, that gives me a little "wiggle room." Thanks for your patience and your understanding.

We have been getting many good submissions of articles and book reviews. In fact, I already have probably enough material to fill the Spring issue. We don't want writers to think that if they submit something it will take a year to get it published, but it is also good that we are perhaps at least one issue "ahead" with submissions. This is a healthy situation. Thanks to all who have submitted.

One final thing: This issue is being mailed to members/subscribers only. Please direct subscription questions and issues to Dave Sawyer ([log in to unmask]). As always, direct editorial and other issues to me.

Happy reading,

Tim

Tim Hadley
Research Assistant, The Graduate School
Ph.D. candidate, Technical Communication and Rhetoric
Texas Tech University
Editor, ATEG Journal