ATEG Archives

June 2009

From:
"Spruiell, William C" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 2009 14:52:23 -0400
Herb,

This looks at least tangentially related to another very common pattern
I'm seeing in student writing: using "in which" as an all-purpose
relativizer ("The topic in which the author talks about is..."; "He's
the author in which wrote _The Hobbit_").

--- Bill Spruiell