ATEG Archives

July 1999

From:
Connie Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 21:47:21 +0100
My colleague Allen Cary-Webb is preparing a grant proposal, due THIS
FRIDAY, in which he asks for funding to examine software in the English
Language Arts.  As part of this project, he wants--we want--to examine
software for teaching grammar and for teaching grammatical aspects of
writing, including style and grammar checkers.  We are looking
especially for the good, but also for the bad and the ugly, with the
idea of having our students examine the software critically themselves.

Does anyone have a Web site where such software is listed and possibly
even described/critiqued?  In any case, what software can various ATEG
members suggest to us?  We need references--as many as possible by
Friday the 16th, but we can add others later, too.

Thanks much--
Connie Weaver
Western Michigan University