ATEG Archives

April 2009

From:
"STAHLKE, HERBERT F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 2009 17:11:45 -0400
To make it unambiguous, I think you'd want to put "per teacher discretion" at the beginning of the sentence.  Then it would clearly modify all three verb phrases.  It's too easy to interpret the phrase as restricted to the last conjunct if it's at the end.

Herb

Herbert F. W. Stahlke, Ph.D.
Emeritus Professor of English
Ball State University