ATEG Archives

December 1998

From:
Greg Reed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 20:41:34 -0800
I just did a similar research project with another student in a graduate
level class. You might check out our url, although you seem to have found
the same sources.

Greg Reed
Benicia Middle School

http://www.benicia.k12.ca.us/bms/grammar/menu.htm

>I am a senior Engilsh major and am doing research on the grammar debate.  I
>have read Rei Noguchi's and Constance Weaver's books, the November 1996 issue
>of English Journal and articles by Ed Vavra and Martha Kolln as well as
>Patrick Hartwell's grammar chapter from College English.  I do not want anyone
>to do my research for me but would appreciate any input or opinions you may
>have.  I have just subscribed to this list and am looking forward to learning
>from it as well as participating in it.  I have not come to a conclusion
>regarding my feelings on the formal teaching of grammar--so, here's your
>chance!  THANKS in advance!

Greg Reed
Benicia Middle School
http://www.jps.net/gmreed/grindex.htm