ATEG Archives

August 2011

From:
Craig Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2011 22:58:03 -0400
Dick,
    That is convincing, though "a lot" translates more to "very much" than
just "much," so that may be tantamount to a "very very." But putting
the adjective between seems to seal it as determiner plus noun. I
still think it acts more like a set construction than a two word
sequence. I don't think we think of "a" plus "lot" when we hear "a
lot." But the suggestion was never one that I expected people to take
seriously.

Craig>

Craig,