ATEG Archives

August 2004

From:
"Kathleen M. Ward" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:21:21 -0700
Rebecca,

It's not that I don't agree with you.  I do.  However, if I did any
of this stuff, I'd be fired.  Being offended is enough for people to
lodge protests; it's the fact that the protest has been lodged
(rather than the validity of the protest) that counts.  Remember what
happened to the guy (was it in D. C.?) who used the word "niggardly."

After the Picnic Day fallout, I am a little sensitive on the subject.
I've also been called on the carpet by an associate dean for telling
a student that she "had to be willing to do the work" in class.

It's a new, and not better, world.
KMW