ATEG Archives

June 2004

From:
Amanda Godley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:52:54 -0400
I'm new to this listserv, so please forgive me if this posting is not
appropriate. I'm trying to organize a panel for AERA's annual meeting in
April 2005 on current research in grammar instruction. I am currently
conducting a three year study of students' developing understanding and use
of Academic Written English grammar and conventions in an urban high school.
I would like to join with others who are conducting empirical studies of
grammar instruction so that we can present and discuss the current state of
our field within a broader educational research community. I thought we
could submit the proposal to AERA's Division C, Section 1 (Learning and
Instruction in Literacy and Language Arts) or the Writing and Literacies
SIG.

Please contact me if you are interested. Thanks!
Amanda

*****
Amanda J. Godley, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor