ATEG Archives

May 2008

From:
Martha Kolln <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2008 19:54:01 -0400
  Dear Fellow ATEGers and friends,

Please check out ATEG.org for information about our summer
conference.  We're meeting in July at Willamette University in Salem,
Oregon (just down the road from my hometown of Silverton), in
conjunction with the Oregon Writers Conference: July 11-12.  (The
minicourse meets July 9-10.)

Amy Benjamin, our President, tells me that we have a splendid program
planned.  Our keynoter this summer is our journal editor, Tim Hadley,
who will have some really important information for us.  Here's his
title:  "Seeing Grammar With New Eyes: New Insight and Expanded
Vision About How Grammar and Writing Instruction Converge."

Salem is a lovely drive of 50 miles or so from the Portland
airport--but there are also flights into Salem if you don't have a
car.  Oregon is a lovely spot to visit in July.  And our conference
is a very special kind of conference--where we all get to meet one
another and hear all the papers.  You'll not find a friendlier
get-together.  And I guarantee you'll go back to your school with
renewed energy.

Please put ATEG on your calendar.

Martha