ATEG Archives

April 2000

From:
"Paul T. Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 18:47:32 -0400
Prof. Medley,

The source you want is

John B. Carroll, Peter Davies and Barry Richman's 1971 The American
Heritage Word Frequency Book published by Houghton Mifflin Company
and American Heritage Publishing Co., Inc.

It has been out of print for some years, can sometimes be found in
the reference section of better libraries, and has exactly the
information you want plus much more.  Carroll, Davies and Richman is
the definitive source, based on much better sampling and research
than any of the others.

--

-----
Paul T. Wilson                                   [log in to unmask]