ATEG Archives

November 2000

From:
Robert Einarsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:40:04 -0700
> ... grammar ought simply be taught as a free standing subject for
> two years and made a mandatory requirement for graduation after passing a
> difficult test. The grammar that ought to be taught is the traditional
> grammar with the traditional nomenclature.

That's my view.  Clean and simple.  I also agree with the following:

> The abolition of grammar teaching is pure
> political correctness at work. Instead of teaching substantive material
> the English teacher gets to assign multicultural and alternative sexuality
> propaganda trash and condemn students who do not parrot the approved
> nonsense.

The public school system is an obvious nexus for social
engineering.

From a left-wing perspective, the actual function of schools is
social, not educational.

That's why traditional subjects like grammar have been under
relentless attack for 100 years.  This is the argument of _NEA:
Trojan Horse_, an argument borne out for me by the things that I
have witnessed.

Sincerely, Robert Einarsson
please visit me at
www.artsci.gmcc.ab.ca/people/einarssonb