ATEG Archives

September 2001

From:
Reinhold Schlieper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 08:40:59 -0400
And about their willingness to help, other countries are conflicted.
The official government of Pakistan has assured Pakistan's assistance;
the persons on the street, religious and convinced of their rightness,
are engaged in anti-American protests.  So, will we radicalize Pakistan
when the government has been set to opposition with its own people?  The
Sauds are in a similarly precarious situation. And we have seen how
these things happen once before when the Shah was our staunch ally in
opposition to the religious in his country.

'Tain't all that easy, I'd say.  We can't make world politics with a
broadsword; it takes some figuring and listening and analyzing before we
hack away at anyone.

==Reinhold