ATEG Archives

April 1998

From:
William J McCleary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 09:26:37 -0700
I've just come across Beth Neman's book, Teaching Students to Write, and
particularly Chapter 7, "Teaching Grammar and Syntax: Help from the Science
of Linguistics."

I don't recall any discussion of this resource. Has anyone read it? What is
your reaction? It seems to me that she has answered a number of questions
that people often raise about this subject. It is not an anti-grammar
chapter, though it begins by reviewing the usual findings.

Bill McCleary

William J. McCleary
Associate Prof. of English
Coordinator of Secondary English        3247 Bronson Hill Road
SUNY at Cortland                        Livonia, NY 14487
607-753-2076                            716-346-6859
[log in to unmask]         [log in to unmask]