ATEG Archives

August 1998

From:
MAX MORENBERG <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 01:10:12 -0400
Paul, I'm not sure you can keep a list completely SPAM free.  But our
server has some filters on it that are supposed to catch SPAMS.  In
general, the filters do a good job.  Very few SPAMS get through.
Questionable messages are sent to me to decide whether they are a SPAMs or
whether they should go out to the List.  I don't think you've got, for
instance, the really ugly ones by "Olga" from Moscow, who's looking for . .
. .  Well, you can imagine the rest.   For the most part, we stay focused
on syntax and such.  I assume this last SPAM got through because it doesn't
have any vocabulary that excited one of the filters, though I don't know
exactly how they work.  At any rate, keep those grammar questions and
answers coming.  Max