ATEG Archives

August 2001

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 13:16:26 -0400
Dear all,

What if we turned the sentence into an answer to a question (i.e., put it in
a specific context). Which question would be best:

"What did Mary try?", "What did Mary try to do?", or "What did Mary try to
improve?" and does the asking of these questions in any way help clarify the
grammar?

Paul E. Doniger