ATEG Archives

February 2011

From:
"T. J. Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2011 12:20:30 -0600
In my usual manner, I was able to make two separate observations into
one confusion.

You're right: OE did not have the perfect as we do today.  What I was
saying was that I'm a bit slow on
connecting the current perfect structures has having OE roots.

By the way, your 4th paragraph is a fine statement about the perfect.

tj