ATEG Archives

November 1997

From:
"W. van Bork" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 20:33:22 +0100
At 12:08 1-11-97 -0400, Linda B. Ellis wrote:
>        I too am offended by such messages, but I don't know how to avoid
>them.  I started to reply with a simple "Disgusting" but I chickened
>out because I thought they would then have my email address.  Do you
>know if this is the case?
>        Thanks.

My advice would be not to reply to this kind of spam. Sending these folks a
reply is a kind of confirmation that your e-mail address is correct and the
consequence may be that they are going to use it again. Sending an
"unsubscribe" message may have the same effect. Trashing these kind of
messages or filtering your e-mail would seem better options. (An e-mail
program like Eudora has this facility)
Willem van Bork