ATEG Archives

April 2008

From:
Craig Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2008 18:19:28 -0400
Ed,
   There are a number of places in his poems where the lack of punctuation
creates a very rich ambiguity. This is a later stage of an experimental
approach that dates way back to, if I remember right, late sixies and
early seventies. I say that as a loving reader, not as someone who has
read any critical response to this part of his work. It is careful,
deeply cultivated, very rich. He has been one of our most important
poets for some time.

Craig >

Ed,