ATEG Archives

July 2006

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:09:08 -0700
Wine, water, and other beverages are sold in Litres at my local markets,
although I admit, milk products still come in gallons and quarts(but saffron is
sold by the gram). The metric system has had some successes. We may be slow to
change as a society, but change does happen. I think we can make soem
changes/additions to the old Latin based terminology without throwing the baby
out with the bathwater.

Paul D.