ATEG Archives

January 2006

From:
Carolyn Sturgeon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:14:48 +0000
Marshall,

I'm interested in the idea but wonder what you mean by "a strong background
in grammar."  I have a Ph.D. in composition studies and have taught freshman
comp, expository writing, and business writing at a state university for
over 10 years.  I teach grammar to help my writing students clarify their
meaning and write credible prose.  I do not remember Chomsky or know theory
terms for grammar.

I meet the rest of the terms mentioned in your second graph.

Hope to hear from you.

Carolyn Sturgeon