ATEG Archives

August 2001

From:
Sophie Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 16:05:53 +1000
This might be of some use: England's National Literacy Project, which aims
to raise literacy standards in primary schools, specifically includes a
`grammar and punctuation' component. An outline is available on this URL:

http://www.official-documents.co.uk/document/ofsted/ped/ped-11.htm#11.1

The National Curriculum's inspector body, OFTED, is particluarly fond of
this programme. It is very likely that an approach to it will yield
information about research evidence that supports its pro-grammar stand.
(The URL above is an OFSTED page.)

Sophie Johnson
at ENGLISH  GRAMMAR TUTOR
http://www.englishgrammartutor.com/