ATEG Archives

September 1997

From:
BILL MURDICK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 11:44:55 -0400
Brenda,
        I suggest you begin by having your students read some
essays on legal language, to show them why their language is
so bad. The sentences in those essay could serve as the basis
for grammatical instruction and analysis. I'm using a reader
called LIVING LANGUAGES which has a section on legal language.
I don't have the book (which is new to me) with me now, so
I can't give you any more info about it, but if you need more,
e-mail me direct at my home: [log in to unmask]
        --Bill Murdick