ATEG Archives

May 2009

From:
Dianne E Loyet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 2009 11:44:58 -0500
It seems to me that "You should not publicly mention its existence," is a little extreme. After all, how else would new members learn of the existence of the listserv? I am pretty sure that I found out about ATEG from an ESL website, but I can't remember which one.

Nevertheless, it also seems reasonable to assume that comments posted on ATEG are "not for attribution" as journalists say, unless you directly approach the poster about referencing his/her comments and provide details of the paper in which you will be making the reference. Worrying that one's speculations could appear in print could really restrict some postings, and that would be a shame.

Dianne Loyet