ATEG Archives

February 2009

From:
Lorraine Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:06:59 -0700
Thanks.  We had decided that the est was 2nd person, but I wasn't aware that neither is used in plural.  I'm sure I have seen it in that form -- especially as an imperative -- but maybe that was non-standard usage.

I appreciate your clear response.
Thanks again.

>>> "Bruce Despain" <[log in to unmask]> 2/26/2009 1:16 PM >>>
Maybe someone could explain the difference between wast and wert, both archaic 2nd person singular endings where the subject is thou.