ATEG Archives

March 2011

From:
Robert Yates <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 2011 08:21:09 -0500
Colleagues,

Would you consider the sentence that the students diagrammed an appropriate independent sentence?

In other words, is the "for" just a coordinating conjunction beginning the entire string or is it a subordinating conjunction?

Bob Yates

>>> Scott Catledge <[log in to unmask]> 03/19/11 8:26 PM >>>
In a final examination for Senior English grammar in a religious preparatory
academy all students who passed the course were able to diagram the
following sentence accurately for the purely grammatical section of the
examination:

"For I know Whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep
that which I have committed
unto Him against that day."

The students also wrote a final argumentive paper in class on a topic
assigned in class that day was graded for grammar, word choice, sentence
structure, spelling, and critical reasoning.
Scott Catledge

Date:    Fri, 18 Mar 2011 13:09:29 -0400
From:    MARTHA KOLLN <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Diagram Posters

--=-ufl8Xknq4w89OaTrkYLs

I want to let you know that you'll find both of my diagrammed posters--The
Bill
of Rights and The Gettysburg Address--at my new website:
					www.KollnGraphics.com

Martha

To join or leave this LISTSERV list, please visit the list's web interface
at:

--=-ufl8Xknq4w89OaTrkYLs

posters--The
Bill of Rights and The Gettysburg Address--at my new
style="white-space:pre">
To join or leave this LISTSERV list, please visit the list's web interface
at:

--=-ufl8Xknq4w89OaTrkYLs--

End of ATEG Digest - 12 Mar 2011 to 18 Mar 2011 (#2011-64)