ATEG Archives

September 2001

From:
Martha Kolln <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:52:03 -0500
Dear friends:

I just received this email from a cousin in Norway:

"It's with grief and shock we got the news about the cruel and cowardly
attack on your country and all those innocent people. We can hardly find
words to express how sad we're feeling, but our sympathy is with you and
also with all those unknown people who have been killed, maimed or have
lost their loved ones.
The whole thing is so unreal that you almost have to check that you are
awake. Beside the human tragedy, this is also a threat to all democratic
nations in the free world including our country, so even if we are far away
in distance it does also feel very close. One good thing, if one can say
that in a situation like this, is that the world's major nations seem to
have become more united and determined to fight these evel elements
together."

  I wanted to share it with you because I'm sure it represents the feelings
of average citizens all over Europe.  Cousin Helge has been here in America
several times; he has a special feeling for New York because he
participated in the NY Marathon three years ago.

At times like this, of ocurse, grammar issues that we would normally debate
have taken a secondary place in our lives.

Warmest regards to you all.

Martha