ATEG Archives

May 2010

From:
"Spruiell, William C" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 2010 15:23:11 -0400
I've been posting a link to the Pullum piece on the websites for my grammar courses since it came out. It's always fun to watch the pieces fly when Pullum tears into something (I imagine if, by some odd chance, he ever tears into something I write, it won't be nearly as much fun, but still). A few of my students had had S&W foist upon them before, and they took a certain amount of satisfaction from reading the article.

--- Bill Spruiell