ATEG Archives

December 2008

From:
Craig Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2008 12:47:42 -0500
Jim,

   That's a very polite and thoughtful post. I have responded to Bob's
post (after you sent this), and I hope it meets your objections. I would
be happy to clarify as best I can if you still have questions. I'd like
to say, also, that I don't want to pretend to be a principal
spokesperson for cognitive grammar. I have found it very interesting and
am trying to pass on a developing understanding. A delay in responding
may just be my concern with representing views that are not only my own.
   My original post was aimed more at the shape actual explorations of
language might take in a public school curriculum. I wasn't aiming at
responding to error, but am happy to include it.

Craig