ATEG Archives

August 2011

From:
Edmond Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Aug 2011 16:11:06 +0100
Herb,

Just two slight adjustments from a British speaker.

We say 'hyumer' for 'humour' (as well as putting in that French 'u' in the
spelling)'.

You seem to have got the 'erb'/'herb' pronunciations the wrong way round.
I'm sure, Herb, you meant to type 'herb' for the British pronunciation, and
'erb' for the American.  Perhaps an unconscious interference from your name!

Edmond

Dr. Edmond Wright
3 Boathouse Court
Trafalgar Road