ATEG Archives

August 2006

From:
"Stahlke, Herbert F.W." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:03:41 -0400
My problem with terms like these, and they are used in this way fairly widely, is that they are an attempt to extend structural categories to cover what are functional distinctions.  We need to be able to talk about nouns used as modifiers, etc., precisely so that we can keep the structure function distinction before our students.

Herb