ATEG Archives

April 1995

From:
Marilyn Silva <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Association of Teachers of English Grammar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 1995 08:40:56 -0700
  Fellow ATEGers:

  I will be chairing an ATEG Special Interest Group meeting at
  the NCTE
  convention in San Diego this fall (November, I think). I am
  looking for a few
  good folks to share the one-and-a-half hour time slot I have
  requested. I
  plan to present a brief history of ATEG: what it is, who
  constitutes its
  membership, and what its goals are. I am interested in
  having presentations
  that address how we are implementing its goals on an
  individual, institutional,
  or national level.

  Think hard, and send your proposals to me ASAP. Contacting
  me by email
  is probably the quickest way. If you are planning to attend
  NCTE, even if
  you don't have a specific idea at the moment for our SIG,
  contact me.
  Perhaps we can brainstorm a bit about the meeting.  You may
  also
  contact me at home:

       Marilyn Silva
       31318 Carroll Avenue
       Hayward CA 94544

       (510) 471-6902

  or at work:
       Department of Human Development
       California State University, Hayward
       Hayward CA 94542

       (510) 885-3945 (hard to find me there, though)

  If you know folks intested in grammar who are not on the
  list, please
  share this information with them. I hope to see a lot of you
  in San Diego.

  (It occurs to me that we could have an interactive panel
  rather than formal
  presentations. I'm not wedded to any format, so let me hear
  your ideas.
  This could be a great opportunity for us!)

  Hope to hear from many of you.

  Marilyn.