ATEG Archives

September 2008

From:
diane skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2008 10:11:14 -0700
Brad,

I have conversed with many of the young and old men and women who have
proudly served in the capacity of which you write. My father,
brothers, and sister are included among these patriots. So, too, are
many of my academic colleagues. And regardless of the "common parlance
among the military," "merit" derives from their capacity to
differentiate between the "language of the street" and intellectual
discursive vocabulary.

 As to your original question which prompted both the "grunt" and your
condescending reply: "The first snowstorm of the season in Denver was
both early and severe, which was
not what the weather service predicted," I  understand this to "mean"
that the weather service incorrectly predicted both the time of onset
and the nature of Denver's first snowstorm.

No direct reply needed,
Diane