ATEG Archives

July 2011

From:
Scott Catledge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2011 10:13:02 -0400
Are ATEG meetings ever held in Florida--UCF is one of the largest schools in
the nation and UF is very close by and not at all small.
Central FL also has Rollins College, Valencia College, Seminole College, and
Florida Southern.  We also have a plethora of secondary
campuses of regionally accredited universities offering degrees in English.
I do not believe that an ATEG conference in Orlando would
be small or that everyone could attend every lecture.  I am not physically
(or mentally) able to organize such a conference but surely
there are local members who could and would.  We have no great libraries to
attend (UF is close enough to daytrip but not for a casual
visit) but we offer a wide variety of shopping experiences ranging from huge
outlet malls to Park Avenue in Winter Park (I know a lady
who flies from Hawaii to Orlando to visit her son but spends more time on
Park Avenue.)

Scott
Date:    Fri, 15 Jul 2011 21:03:06 -0400
From:    MARTHA KOLLN <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Last call for the ATEG Conference

--=-rNy0DQOq31962oOrYJkz

Dear fellow ATEGers,
This year's ATEG conference--the 22nd since our founding in 1989--will be
held
at Prince George's Community College in Largo, Maryland.  Please log on to
the
ATEG website to find the conference registration form.  The dates are July
29
and 30; the registration deadline is July 22.
A special part of the program this year, one that you won't want to miss, is
field trip to the Library of Congress on Friday afternoon.
I'll be the co-keynoter (alongwith Pam Dykstra).  You might be interested to
know that I was also the first keynoter back in 1989; that was the meeting
where we decided to call ourselves an official group.  At that time, the A
of
ATEG (which we organized on that day) was Association; it was several years
later, when the NCTE decided that we could become official, that the A came
stand for Assembly, an official Assembly of NCTE.
Our conferences are special--small and personal.  Everyone attends all of
the
presentations.  This one, on the outskirts of a very busy Capital city, will
be
especially splendid.

Please make every effort to join us.
Martha

To join or leave this LISTSERV list, please visit the list's web interface
at:

--=-rNy0DQOq31962oOrYJkz

conference--the 22nd since our founding in 1989--will be held at Prince
George's Community College in Largo, Maryland. &nbsp;Please log on to the
ATEG
website to find the conference registration form. &nbsp;The dates are July
29
special part of the program this year, one that you won't want to miss, is a
field trip to the Library of Congress on Friday
Dykstra). &nbsp;You might be interested to know that I was also the first
keynoter back in 1989; that was the meeting where we decided to call
ourselves
an official group. &nbsp;At that time, the A of ATEG (which we organized on
that day) was Association; it was several years later, when the NCTE decided
that we could become official, that the A came to stand for Assembly, an
special--small and personal. &nbsp;Everyone attends all of the
presentations.
&nbsp;This one, on the outskirts of a very busy Capital city, will be
especially splendid.<br><br>Please make every effort to join
To join or leave this LISTSERV list, please visit the list's web interface
at:

--=-rNy0DQOq31962oOrYJkz--

End of ATEG Digest - 13 Jul 2011 to 15 Jul 2011 (#2011-127)