ATEG Archives

December 1995

From:
EDWARD VAVRA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 13:37:51 -0500
My request for alternative materials received
some response, but it also raised the question
of  what "alternative" means as opposed to
"main stream." In addition, there is no reason
why ATEG shouldn't have a list of all books on
grammar written by ATEG members.
     My idea with the "alternative" was to
compile a list of materials that are not
advertised by major publishers and thus are
not generally known. (My reasoning, of
course, includes promoting my own TGLA, but
there are things other than mine that should
also be more generally known and available.)
     Perhaps we should have three lists:

1.) Small publisher/self published/in house

2.) Materials from Major Publishers by ATEG
Members

3.) All other

All three lists should include things that are
currently available. (This is not a bibliography.)
The question is: what do you think? If you
have materials for the first two lists, please
send the information to me, including ISBN
numbers for published books.

On another topic: What happened to the
discussion of subordinate clauses? I'm sure
that I have not convinced everyone that I am
right. Did the possibility of having comments
in the newsletter scare people? What's up?