ATEG Archives

March 2006

From:
"Stahlke, Herbert F.W." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:26:42 -0500
Here's another post from Johanna that's well worth reading.  As I told her, I pretty much gave up on theoretical syntax back in the mid 70s when I couldn't wrap existing theory around the serial verb constructions I was working on in West African languages at the time.  It's hard within any version of MIT-rooted syntactic theory to deal with sentences that have multiple verbs in a single clause with no coordination or complementation involved.

Herb