ATEG Archives

July 1999

From:
Helene Krauthamer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:37:37 -0400
Thanks for your encouragement.  I hope to work on such a website this semester.  I too was sorry that you were not at ATEG;  it was a wonderful meeting.  Unfortunately, my "paper" is presently a collection of spreadsheets that do not show any dramatic improvement as the result of computer-assisted writing instruction, nor any sharp contrasts among the programs I've examined.  My only conclusion was that students respond best to sessions where there is an instructor guiding them, rather then left by themselves.  If I do write up a text version of my presentation, I'll be happy to send you a copy.