ATEG Archives

November 2007

From:
Craig Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2007 08:51:21 -0500
   I don't have the details from Amy yet, but apparently our proposal for
NCTE endorsement of a more systematic instruction in grammar never made
it out of committee.
   My guess is that people don't know how to differentiate between
different approaches, and an endorsememnt of grammar seems like an
endorsement of this "back to basics" grill and drill pattern. Maybe we
need a full scope and sequence before people can imagine a reasonable
alternative.
   In keeping with the holiday, let's give thanks for ATEG and for each
other.

Craig >

In a message dated 11/20/2007 1:00:02 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,