ATEG Archives

November 2005

From:
Martha Kolln <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:44:37 -0500
Hi Mary,

Am I correct in assuming that the professor wants to know the kinds
of errors that students should avoid in their written assignments?
(I don't know what "formatting issues" refers to.)

Surely professors in other departments are no different from those in
Teacher Ed, are they?  Don't most professors look for cogent,
well-reasoned arguments presented with appropriate diction in
standard written English that follow the accepted rules for
punctuation and mechanics.

Or does the question refer to the kind of grammatical knowledge that
their students, the future teachers, should have in guiding their
future students?

Martha