ATEG Archives

August 2011

From:
Gay Claiborne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2011 15:28:20 -0400
Dear Sherry,

I'm so happy to have met you and Marshall and gotten to know you both at the
conference. Our activities and the events went perfectly smoothly because of
all the time and effort you put into the planning and execution of those
plans to make sure everybody was well cared for.

When my family asked how the conference was, I told them, honestly, that it
was the least bother on any level in which to participate--registration,
transportation, accommodations, and so on down to the last detail. The hotel
was superb, the venue for our meetings ideal, visits to the library and
dinner at that funky restaurant delightful. You get a gold star, a gigantic
one, and so does Marshall, who is the best trooper of all.

Meeting other attendees and hearing presentations has inspired and excited
me (as you mentioned in your listserve reply to Linda). I can hardly wait
until next year's conference and am asking around to see what sort of
arrangements might be made for us to meet here in Greenville (SC). My
physician son-in-law volunteered to introduce me to a contact of his who
happens to own a (the, really) luxury hotel right downtown where all the
fine museums and galleries and restaurants and theatres and music halls are
located. I'll find out what we might work out on this end; who shall I
correspond with about prospects--you? (It may be too soon to bring up
organizational matters for next year; no doubt, you're still catching your
breath from everything leading up to and including last weekend gala. No
hurry.)

So--thanks again for everything. No reply necessary.

Best regards,
Gay