ATEG Archives

April 2001

From:
"Haussamen, Brock" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 20:57:36 -0400
I invite listserv members to check out the details about ATEG's 12 annual
conference on the web site at www.ateg.org.  The conference will be held
July 13 and 14 at Park University in Parkville, Missouri.  Park is allowing
us to room in a residence hall for only $30 per night per person.  The
conference fee is $60.

ATEG conferences always draw what I think are vital papers on a wide range
of pertinent topics, from linguistic issues relevant to the classroom, to
social and historical perspectives on the grammar debate, to the most
practical discussions of pedagogy, grammar-in-writing, and the nature of
error.  And the group is large enough to be diversified and small enough to
include many friendships.

Prior to the conference is the two-day minicourse, Grammar in the Writing
Classroom, taught this year by me, Martha Kolln, Amy Benjamin, and the
conference co-hosts, Jeff Glauner and Bob Yates.  Language arts teachers and
professors will focus on the question of what grammar is needed in their
classrooms and then on how to convey it to their students.  Students may
take the course for one credit of Park University graduate credit ($219) or
without credit ($70).

The deadline for both conference paper proposals and also for guaranteed
rooms in the residence hall is June 5.

As I said, more details on the website. I hope to see many of you there.

Brock Haussamen
ATEG President
Raritan Valley Community College, New Jersey